Summer Reading @ Seymour
Welcome to the Seymour Library Summer Reading Home Page. Click on the tab for your grade level in September.
Spark a Reaction - Teens - Grades 6-12
Fizz, Boom, Read! - Children - Pre-K to 5th grade
Monroe County Library System
New York Libraries
The program has not started yet but will begin on Saturday, June 21, 2014.
The Reading Game
"Don't judge a book by its cover." How many times have you heard that one? This summer, read beneath the surface. Dive into a good book. Uncover great entertainment, useful information or words of wisdom. YOU get to choose! Each book that you read and review gives you a chance to win some great prizes at our Teen Readers' Party on Wednesday, Aug 7. This year the reader with the most minutes wins a Party Pass for 8 to Laser Quest!
How to Play the Reading Game
1. Create your account.
2. Read an entire book, keeping track of approximately how many minutes you spend reading it.
3. Post your review, including author, title, number of minutes and a few brief sentences about the book and whether or not you liked it.
4. Wait at least one day, then come to Seymour and pick up your prize entry forms,one for each book that you complete and review.
5. Put your form into the box in the Teen Scene that's labeled for a prize that you would like to win. The more you read, the more chances to win!
6. Come to the Teen Readers' Party on Wednesday, August 7, from 7-9 pm to play games, eat pizza and find out if you won a prize.
It's a very good book. I like Alex. He's cool as a cucumber and never emotional or scared.
It's really good and thrilling cannot wait for the next one to come out.
Our Only May Amelia
Jennifer L. Holm
This is a good humorous historical fiction. Jennifer Holm keeps twisting the plot throughout the entire book.