|Apple iPads & iPhones: iCloud, iCloud Drive, & Backup|
Event Type: Computer Classes|
Start Time: 1:30 PM
End Time: 3:30 PM
Gain an understanding of how to backup your device, and how to retrieve the backup when needed. Learn to access your iCloud account with Apple, and learn more about what "the cloud" actually means.
Which device do you have, an iPad or an iPhone? Take the beginner-level class, specific to your device, then take any Intermediate-level classes offered for both devices! Register separately for any of the courses mentioned below by navigating to the correct date and time for the course of your choice on our events calendar. Registration begins Friday, Dec. 7, 2018 and continues until classes fill.
iPad Beginner Classes
For Beginner Level iPad Users:
• Intro to Apple iPads I for Absolute Beginners (learn buttons, swiping gestures, the Apple ID and password, and other fundamentals to start you off) Mon. & Tues. Jan. 7 & 8, from 1:30-3:30 p.m.
• Apple iPads & iPhones: Intro to iOS 12 Mon., Jan. 28 from 1:30-3:30pm
iPad & iPhone Intermediate Users
For Intermediate Level iPad & iPhone Users:
• Apple iPads & iPhones: Safari, Internet, and Bookmarks Tues., Jan. 29, from 1:30-3:30 p.m.
• Apple iPads & iPhones: Camera & Photos Mon. & Tues., Feb. 4 & 5, from 1:30-3:30 p.m.
• Apple iPads & iPhones: iCloud, iCloud Drive, Backups Mon., Feb. 11, from 1:30-3:30 p.m.
• Apple iPads & iPhones: Siri Mon., Tues., Feb. 12, from 1:30-3:30 p.m.
• Apple iPads & iPhones: Contacts & E-Mail Tues., Feb. 19, from 1:30-3:30 p.m.
• Apple iPads & iPhones: Apps in General, Mon., Feb. 25, from 1:30-3:30 p.m.
For all ability levels
• Apple iPad & iPhone Practice Session (Questions and Answers) Tues., Feb. 26, from 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Location: Computer Lab
This is an intermediate level class. An intermediate level learner is someone who has good mouse and keyboard skills and who can open and close applications, but needs further instruction with applications such as email, word processing, or other office software. Intermediate courses prepare you for advanced level courses offered by the library.Contact: Kathy Handy
Both phone and online registration begin Friday, December 7, 2018. Call 518-584-7860 ext. 257 to register by phone, or visit www.sspl.org and click EVENTS CALENDAR to register online.
Phone Registration Instructions:
Call instructor, Kathy Handy, at 518-584-7860 ext. 257 beginning Friday, December 7, 2018 and leave a message with your name, phone number, email address if you wish, and specific class requests.
If you leave your email address, you will receive a system-generated email confirmation. You may have to verify your email address by responding to a first-time email from the system to give us permission to send future emails. Please check your spam folder in case our system email lands there due to filters in your email service.
For phone-only registrations, please expect a return phone call within a week to confirm registration.
Online Registration Instructions:
Visit www.sspl.org and click EVENTS CALENDAR beginning Friday, December 7, 2018, then locate the computer class of choice (in orange), select it, scroll to the bottom of the screen, and complete the online form for that class.
No early registrations are accepted.
Phone and online registration will be ongoing until classes are full.
Anyone age 16 or older may register regardless of residency. No proof of residency required. For a small printing fee, optional handouts are available to accompany each class.
Students with disabilities are welcome to enroll and are asked to bring a volunteer assistant. Otherwise, please contact Kathy Handy ahead of time and if a volunteer is available, the library will match you with one. Ask Kathy Handy for details.
Contact Number: 584-7860 ext. 257
Presenter: John Manley and iPad Users Group with Kathy Handy